This is a 2 day intensive course designed for lawyers, law students and paralegals who want to improve their knowledge and understanding of English legal vocabulary, relevant to the working environment. The course aims to assist students with drafting emails, letters and reports.
Students will be taught how to take complex commercial clauses and simplify them into plain english.
In addition by engaging in role-play, students will enhance their conversational skills and also their ability to advise clients.
|10.00-11.30|| Lesson 1|
|11.30-12.00|| Coffee Break|
|12.00-1.00|| Lesson 2|
|12.00-1.00|| Lunch Break|
|2.00-4.00|| Lesson 3|
Academic Entry Requirements
Students must show that they have past one of the below mentioned examinations:
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
- PTE – Pearson Test of English
- Cambridge ESOL
- City of Guilds – English Test
- LCCI – London Chambers of Commerce
- TCL – Trinity English course
- Ascentis – English proficiency course
No Entry Requirement/Exemption
- if the student is from a majority English speaking country listed on the HO website;
- if the student is studying a degree taught in English; or
- if the individual/student can provide evidence that he/she is working in an environment where English is used on a daily basis; or
- after assessing the student at the interview stage it is clear by the interviewer that the student has a basic grasp of the English language.
‘HO’ – means ‘Home Office in England’