This 5 day course is designed for lawyers, legal counsels and law students who want to enhance their knowledge of Business Law, client care skills, negotiation and drafting skills.
The course outline is as follows:
- Principles of English contract law
- Analysing terms of a contract (warranties, conditions etc)
- Analysing the importance of boilerplate clauses
- Drafting exercises on amending clauses
- Dealing with issues regarding ‘Letters of Intents’
- Authority to sign contracts & e-signatures
- How to take initial instructions from your client
- How to take initial instructions from a potential client
- Drafting letters, emails and opinions
- The differences between arbitration and litigation
- Analysing arbitration clauses
- Why ‘English law’ is the applicable law in many contracts
Regular tests will be set which will allow the student to understand their progress.